Friday, April 20, 2012

Design Friday: Cool Bedrooms!

All my life, until we got our own house, I didn't have a room of my own. I always shared it with my brother or I sleep in my parents' room. So when I was in 6th grade, my parents asked me to think about how I want my room to look like I didn't have any ideas except that I want my room to be fully colored in pink and I should have a big window. I got both when we moved to our own home. But what I didn't anticipate was the shape of my room. It was in the corner side of our house so my room had an odd and small triangle space -- imagine this, one tip of the triangle was my closet. But I didn't care back then, all I was so concerned about were my two room requirements which I happily got! Nonetheless, my bedroom's still the one of my favorite spot in the whole world with my comfortable bed, my bedside table with my pink touch lamp.

Now that I have grown older (but not taller, tsk tsk!), I have a clearer concept of what I want and don't want. To continue my extreme house dreaming series, here are some photos of really cool bedrooms that I saw online. READ: I want them! :D

These photos are from my favorite, really cool design website: Apartment Therapy. If you are into house dreaming just like me, go ahead and dream the whole day as you click away on their website. It can be very addicting. Don't say you weren't warned :)


Quirky bedroom with a lot of textures and Earth feel to it without compromising comfort. There's the window requirement!



I like this bedroom! Neutral colors dominated with the pink accent! 



Rustic bohemian chic style winner!



And another comfortable room that exudes a bohemian vibe to it :)



Canopy madness!! 



One of my favorite set ups. I'd love to stay in this room for the whole weekend armed with a good book, hot chocolate (no spilling on the sheets!) and lots of extra time to day dream!
 


 spells the word: RELAXING.



 One of the Scandinavian bedroom set ups. Lovely!! One of my favorites!


 Let's use the attic, shall we? :)


All photos are from Apartment Therapy


So, what does your dream bedroom look like? :) Don't forget to hop on to Apartment Therapy and bookmark it!

No comments:

Post a Comment