Tuesday, January 17, 2012

GBS Review: The Day My Feet Turned Pink

Last July, I got into the group buying site craze. My constant on the look out for deals got me to reserve two vouchers for a 90 minute massage plus foot Spa. And did I mention that it was only for Php200 each?? For someone who pays Php300 for an hour's worth of  massage, this was a good deal! Ay, excuse me, book agad! I got the vouchers for Islands Massage Mobile and Day Spa through Deal Grocer. Not bad, not bad at all. But I was worried after hearing horror stories about buying stuff online so we will see. I called them up (Islands), as instructed, to set a date and time for this activity and true enough a lot of people caught up the craze too and they were booked up! So I set it up for January instead, on a weekend.

So the months passed by and I forgot I actually reserved a date for this! I remember feeling uneasy, you know that feeling that you forgot something? Well I didn't know what it was until I called the morning of our reserved date! If I forgot, ayayay!! I would have forfeited the vouchers, goodbye Php400! So off we went to Islands Massage and Spa. 

You would miss the location if you don't look closely enough, although there's a huge tarpaulin outside. 

how it looks outside

When we got in, it was a fairly small establishment, dimly lit too. What I like was the receptionist who was fairly friendly over the phone and was also accommodating when we arrived. We NEVER had problems getting our vouchers honored, which is a good sign (word from the wise: PRINT YOUR VOUCHERS beforehand). Relief on my part, I was mentally planning how to start a fight scene IF they won't honor it! hahah! me and my imagination.

So we got in and sat down on the couch. B noticed a few trophies displayed, something of a consumer's choice award. Another good sign. That actually increased my expectation a bit too.

The foot massage started. It was nothing out of the ordinary if you've tried foot spa before. However, what stood out the most is the foot bath kuno! Look:


Before allowing my feet to be immersed, I asked the therapist what it was. He said it was raspberry foot bath but I had an inkling that, yes, probably there was raspberry liquid in it but it wasn't just that. I would say there was cuticle tint in it or commonly known as Merthiolate. You don't believe me? See for yourself:

my feet when I got home

And I don't think that's because of the raspberry. Naging color pink tuloy paa ko! Grrrrr.... so I didn't like their foot spa services and it wasn't really outstanding.

On other news, we got ushered to their second floor to get our full body massage. I remember the 2nd floor to be very dark, I had to ask the lately to turn on a dim light so I can prepare for the massage. She obliged. Feedback? The massage was very good, or at least from the one I got my my therapist. She knew my cold spots and really worked on them and I like that since my back was really aching. 

Overall, would this be something I would go to even without the promo? The massage, probably, but definitely not the foot spa. Their regular full body massage rate is at Php 250 plus they have some packages too. 

But again, for Php200 this was not a bad deal. Not bad at all. 'Til the next group buying site adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment