Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sounds of our hobbies

Since I have been taking photography lessons, you can hear my camera's click, click, click! With Bugoy, it's his guitar. He took up a new hobby too! And he is going through some lessons and he bought a guitar. Yaaaayy! Taking up a new hobby or formal classes is one effective creative release from work :) it's a welcome break! 

See how happy he is to practice? 


As for me, for four Sundays now, I have been attending a short course on photography through the Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation. The class includes 5 whole Sunday classroom and outdoor activities that covers all you need to know about basic photography. My class's last session will be this Sunday and I need to prepare for the final assignments. It's a contest and I want to win haha! Anyway, the class is very enjoyable and I learned a lot. I have successfully stayed away from using the AUTO mode Achievement! I am on my way to becoming mastah photographah! With what little knowledge I have, I can now manipulate the Aperture priority, Shutter priority and Manual modes of my beloved camera. And I am beginning to appreciate my Nikon D3100. I struggle, yes, but personal assessment would reveal that I have improved a lot. Plus I am happy to realize that this class has opened up my senses -- I have learned to notice the little things that I usually ignore. I just wanted to bring my camera with me all the time. 

Here are some of the photos I took during the classes, these are required assignments too:

 



Let me share the good news: this photo (showing a shallow DOP) was voted as 3rd in class. Yeey! 






Thank you to Tita Amor for modelling :) 




Composition assignment :)

 

I still have a lot of photos I'll sort it out and post them here. 

It's fun taking a break from work and getting on a hobby every weekend. Try it too and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment