Monday, June 4, 2012

Random Ramblings: on Beauty

I feel hesitant as I write this post but I feel that I have to after reading a recent entry from a blogger that I really look up to. She has a point and I was moved by the video she posted at the end of her blog and I thought of sharing the same on mine too. But before that, let me write a few a lines first.

I'm 26 years old, stands 4 feet 11 inches and I am underweight. Que horror! There. That description is far from what we normally hear on pageant announcements haha! But that's how I am physically. I honestly am unforgiving of my height and weight before but as I grow older I have come to realize to look past what I see in the mirror. Before, I used to hate it when someone would ask me about my height but then again, looking back, I take pride in the fact that I have been consistently in front of the line at school and take first dibs on birthday cake slices that they distribute during birthday celebrations. At least I don't have to worry about not getting my share!

I went through a phase where I hated how I look but I am over it. I have come to realize that I wouldn't be who I am if God has made me svelte at 5'10" with cheek bones that everyone will envy! I would be a super model living a hectic life and be pressured about looking perfect in front of people. I don't have anything against people who are blessed physically because I am blessed physically, too! I have complete arms, limbs and legs that function perfectly. I have eyes that can appreciate the beauty of the world, nose that can still smell my freshly baked goodies and mouth that appreciate good culinary creations :) Don't get me wrong, I hate the occasional presence of pimples in my face and unruly hair on some days but I just complain and really forget about it.

Despite my flaws and imperfections, I guess the biggest compliment I have ever received is that I don't look a day over 20. :) And that made me feel good, unexpectedly. Feeling good about yourself really does wonders for your self esteem. And I plan to keep it that way forever.

Here's the video that I mentioned at the start of this post. Feel free to share :)



No comments:

Post a Comment